10 thoughts every University graduate experiences.

Another week, another post. This time, I'm going to be talking about something I've been thinking of for weeks, life after education. I finished my 3 year Drama degree at the beginning of May and since then, my mind has been loaded with so many questions. I'm sure, if you've finished university this year too, one or more of these thoughts has entered your mind...


1. No more Harvard Referencing, lectures and essays! 
I'm pretty sure every single university student knows how much of a relief this is. Gone are the days where you had 3 hour lectures at 9am, all nighters to complete essays and the completely tedious task of referencing EVERYTHING. 

2. Way too much free time
Now you don't have to do any more work, you spend your days sitting around, with more spare time than you're used to. Cue getting up late and laying in bed, reevaluating absolute everything. Just me? 

3. Someone give me a job
 
And so it starts. The job hunt. Whether it's a dead end job that you want to save money for future plans or you want to dive head first into a graduate job, the hunt is painful. PAINFUL. 

4. What if my degree goes to waste?
I don't know if this is just me, but I've tried to apply my degree to post graduate jobs but all I'm seeing are teaching opportunities, which is not what I want to do. I can't help but wonder, does it really matter whether you have a degree these days? 

5. That went way too quick
Honestly, it flies by so quickly that if you shut your eyes for long enough, you'll miss it. One day you're going to your induction day, and the next you've handed in your final essay and you're graduating. Scary. 

6. I'm now in thousands of pounds worth of debt
£28,500 of it, to be exact. Someone. Shoot. Me. 

7. Can I do it again?
University really was the best 3 years of my life and if I could, I'd be a student forever. You learn so much from the course, the people you meet. You grow as a person, starting your time as a teenager and becoming a fully grown adult. Don't take advantage of it. 

8. I have made the best friends in the world
At this point now, you will have made friends that you know are going to be in your life forever. They'll be at your wedding, you'll meet each others children, you'll experience more milestones. And it's lovely. 

9. I'm not a student anymore...
Gone are the days of student discount, rolling in at 4am on a school night, sleeping in until noon and eating ready meals. This is the real world now and it's equally exciting as it is terrifying. 

10. Now what? 
Now, your life begins. You've finished 16 years worth of education and you now have the opportunity to pursue your career, your goals and your ambitions. Yes, it's absolutely terrifying, trust me, I know. You'll spend days stuck in a rut, scared you won't be able to achieve your dreams. Wallow for so long, that's ok. But as long as you have the skills, passion and determination, life can be amazing. So go out and grab it.


So there we have it! I hope you liked this post, let me know what you think in the comments! I quite like the idea of doing these 'list' posts, I enjoyed making this one! 
Until Sunday, catch me on twitter and instagram

Love, Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment