Race For Life 2015!

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful week! For today's post, I'm going to be doing something a little different... 

Today, myself and my cousin, Lucy, completed the 10K Race For Life at Temple Newsam in Leeds. Lucy had taken part in previous events but it was the first time I'd ever done anything like it! I was so eager to do it this year in memory of my wonderful Grandma. She unfortunately lost her long battle to cancer last year, after 3 separate diagnoses and years of battling. Our family lost the greatest woman we've ever known. She was a mother, grandma, great-grandma, sister, auntie and our friend. So, to pay homage to her and how hard she fought against this terrible disease, I really wanted to take part! We've received so much support and I'd like to thank each and everyone of you who has sponsored us and helped us raise over £150! You can still do so over on my Just Giving page, if you're feeling generous!

So, whilst walking 10k, I thought it would be a good idea to document it by filming along the way, so here it is! I put this little video together to keep as a memory but also for our family and friends who would like to see how we did! 


It's safe to say that we came across some very inspirational people whilst making our way around the course! It was heartwarming seeing all the people running for those who have been affected by cancer and it's something I'd like to do every year from now on! For now, I'm going to relax and bathe my feet because exercise doesn't agree too well with me and I'm positively knackered!


Thanks again to everyone, especially my Auntie (who was our photographer for the day!) and Uncle who took us to the venue and cheered us on along the way! I hope you enjoy this post and I'll see you all next Wednesday for a new post! 
Until then, catch me on twitter and instagram!

Love, Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment